Oftentimes it’s not the outcome that is the hardest, but the time in between that gets us. Waiting is distracting. It disrupts our routines and messes with our momentum. And while it seems like it, waiting is not passive - which is what makes it so hard. There’s often nothing we can do, and as humans we always want to be able to do something. There is not one single person that is equipped to do this alone. Here are a few tips to help you cope while you wait:
- Seek the counsel and love of a friend.
“A friend loves at all times." – Proverbs 17:17
- Meditate or pray. Talk to God…he’s waiting on you!
– Philippians 4:6
- Earnestly believe in God’s promises for you.
- Listen to uplifting music. “Make a joyful noise unto the Lord- everyone!" - Psalm 100
- Keep the company of those who will lift you up.
- Keep your mind pure. "He will keep you in perfect peace when your mind is stayed on him." Isaiah 26:3
- Remain still and trust.
This way, you’re hemmed in by positive forces and even if you tilt over or fall down, someone will be there to help you up. Just dust yourself off and keep on steppin’! As my mom always used to say in a trial, “This too, shall pass.”
Be blessed by this music/video:
(song from movie FIREPROOF)
"While I'm Waiting" by John Waller